8.25.2010

Pirate Smile Frowns

Here's why I love having kids. This morning Jesse asked Cooper why she couldn't seem to keep her finger out of her nose. She logically explained that "When I pulled my bugger out, it hurted!"

A bit later when I asked her how she got so good at coloring, she informed me that her bones made her that good. I added that "maybe God gave you some of that talent, too." She simply looked at me like I was a moron and deadpanned, "Um, no."

But my favorite of the morning: Cooper drew a picture of her cousin, Emmie, and as she was coloring it, she threw out there that she had drawn Emmie with a pirate face. Specifically a pirate smile frown. I had no idea that there was such a thing! Fortunately my kids were eager to perform such wonderful piratey looks for me...





Is there a better sense of humor out there than a preschooler?

No comments: