10.24.2010

Soccer

I have been meaning to write this post for several weeks, now, and it hasn't happened. I have lots of excuses about the internet not working, etc, but mostly it comes down to the fact that I started reading the Twilight books, and that is where any extra time went. It is pathetic, I know. I am appropriately ashamed of my enjoyment of these adolescent girl novels. However, I finished the fourth and final book last night, and am slightly relieved as I feel like I can finally return to reality and life can go on :).

So about soccer. I know I have said that a class full of 3 and 4 year old ballerinas is the cutest thing there is on this earth. However, watching a class of 3 and 4 year olds attempt a soccer game, I am now unsure about the exclusivity of my statement. Here is a typical week of Parent/Preschooler soccer.

We start with warm ups, of course. Wouldn't want any strained muscles in the strenuous exercise to come. Seriously, preschoolers doing jumping jacks is better than stand up comedy.




The kids' favorite drill (and therefore the one that we did every week) was red light green light with ball dribbling thrown in.



(This is what Zeke and Payton and I are doing on the sidelines. It occasionally involves Zeke streaking across the "playing field", followed closely by Mommy)



The final week (that we went, at least) was an actual "game". You know what I mean by that if you've ever seen the littlest soccer players go at it. To make it easiest on the munchkins as far identifying their own teammates to pass to, the game was adults against kids. I am not sure the adults really even moved, except when they were shaking from laughing so hard. Watching the kids steal the ball from each other, dribble right on by the goal, and miss wide open shots from directly in front of the goal was hilarious. Not to mention the amount of time they spent just running around in confusing chaos. But somehow, they came out victorious! Cooper was thrilled to death to inform me that she had scored 5 (I think) whole goals all by herself, and the dads hadn't scored ANY! She pretty much was the star player, although I think her strongest asset was how darn cute she looked in her soccer getup :)






Please get here quickly, January, so that Zeke can participate in his first sport, and no longer has to be on the sidelines!!!

1 comment:

kimberlee stoda said...

grart story of soccer and my remarkable grandchildren!!!!!!