9.13.2010

Last day...sigh...

Our last day in paradise (could that really have been less than a week ago???). I of course set my alarm so that I could get up early (and ended up dragging Jess up with me) and suck every second of sunlight out of our last day as possible. Luckily I had brought my camera down to the pool area, as now I have pictures to look at and day dream about how relaxed we were by that last day:


We were getting settled in at the pool, and I had to run to the bathroom, so Jesse ran up to our room and grabbed a bottle of wine we had purchased at the grocery store (for three euro, instead of the thirty the hotel was charging) that we hadn't gotten around to drinking. He tipped the pool boy to bring us a bucket of ice, and set up our little station for us:



It was really, REALLY hard for me to leave that pool, and that hotel, and that country. Luckily for Jesse, some clouds rolled in later in the day as we were leaving, and also there were those three little people to get back home to. Otherwise, it would have been iffy if I would have come home or not, I might have just stayed and slept on the pool chairs.

But finally we were headed back to the airport in our darling little Mini.

We had a perfect trip where everything worked out better than we could have hoped, and so, of course, everything had to go wrong when we were leaving, as leaving isn't hard enough already. We got the runaround at the check in counter, conflict with the security people, and then our flight was delayed because of strikes in France, and we couldn't fly home without flying over French airspace.

But now we are home, still trying to bring myself back to reality, but happy to be with my Love and my little monkeys. I do sometimes still have to remind myself though that I like them better than that hotel...

No comments: